Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Reflection October 2011

I wrote this poem because I had slept with someone and afterwards he told me he had HIV. We used a condom, but that fear was still there. I got tested, and I was clean. But this was written the week I waited for my results.

I can't believe the foolish things I've done,
Am I really that lost?
Trying to cope, wasn't even fun.
Such an unbearable cost.

My health is in danger,
it can only spiral down.
Never trust a stranger,
If only I knew he had been around.

Now I await my results,
Uncertainty clouds my mind.
Pondering all those insults,
Awaiting to jeer them all combined.

I am better than this,
at least I used to think so.
Started with a simple kiss,
Ended up being just a foe.

I'll be stronger,
Make a better decision.
Not playing games any longer,
Only do things I envision.

No comments:

Post a Comment